||Safety Tip Name
||SAFE COMPUTING TIPS.
|| 1. Do not reveal personal information to unknown people or websites.
2. Create hard-to-guess passwords and keep them private & change them regularly.
3. Do not open emails from unknown sources.
4. Use anti-virus, anti-spyware and firewall and update them regularly.
5. Update your operating system and web browser regularly.
6. Back up your important file regularly.
7. Do not leave your computer unattended.
8. Never reveal your true identity in a chat room.
9. Maintain regular back up of all names/email addresses in your contact list.
||SAFE ONLINE BANKING
||1. Keep your password / PIN codes safe and memorize them.
2. Check that the online banking website is secure.
3. Logout immediately after you have completed your online transaction.
4. Use an anti-virus, anti-spyware and personal firewall and update them regularly.
5. Do not copy or click on any links attached to emails.
6. Do not respond to emails asking for your personal information.
7. Read privacy and policy statements before any transaction.
8. Check your account statement to ensure that unauthorized transaction has taken place.
||SHOP SAFELY ONLINE
|| 1. Shop with merchants that you know or trust.
2. Check that the shopping website is secure.
3. Be cautious of unsolicited phone calls or emails form merchants.
4. Read merchants refund and exchange policies before making purchases.
5. Do not share your passwords.
6. Always print and keep the order confirmation document.
7. Read the privacy statement.
8. Use an anti-virus, anti-spyware and personal firewall and update them regularly.
9. Never enter your personal information in a pop-up screen.
||SOME TIPS FOR SAFE SOCIAL NETWORKING
|| 1. Do not reveal too much information about your online Account.
2. Be careful while communicating with people you have met online recently.
3. Add people as friends to your site only if you know them in person.
4. Delete inaporite message from your profile.
5. Do not post information about your friends as you put them at risk.
6. What you post online is not private, It can be seen by everyone
||1. Do not give introduction to an unknown person for opening an account in your Bank.
2. Never encash cheques/drafts of an unknown person through your account.
3. Do not keep your account inoperative for a long time.
4. To avoid theft in postal transit or courier services and subsequent cheating, keep track of the cheques/drafts/pay orders sent through post & couriers services.
5. As far as possible, bank transactions should be handled personally.
6. Take care of your cheques books. Do not keep signed cheques in the drawer or any place where outsiders have an easy access.
7. All bank transactions should be counter checked to ensure that the deposited cheque have realised.
8. The monthly statement of your bank account should be invariably checked.
9. At the time of withdrawal of cash, account holder should physically check the cash counter. Never hand over the cash to a third person for counting.
To avoid bouncing of cheques:
1. Insist for D.D. or Pay Orders if you are dealing with an unknown party.
2. Postdated cheques should be avoided
3. If a cheque bounces you should give a notice to the person within 15 days of such intimation and if no reply is received, you should file a complaint in the court under section138 of Negotiable Instruments Act, 1981 where effective remedies are available to the public. All cases of bounced cheques may not be offences of cheating under the Indian Penal Code.
||Bomb Blast Precautions:
||Citizens are requested that information regarding any suspicious activities, abandoned vehicles, articles, and other objects be promptly communicated to the police at the nearest police station or on telephone No. 100. The police also be informed of any strangers who may have come to stay in your neighborhood and whose activities appear suspicious. Information given by citizens regarding any suspicious persons and their activities will be kept confidential.
The police will continue to organize nakabandis, combing and search operations and therefore citizens are requested to cooperate and bear with inconvenience, if any.
Citizens may please note the following precautions:
1. Stay calm and do not get panic.
2. Discourage rumor mongering.
3. Do not touch any unidentified object. Explosive could be concealed in anything like toys, transistors, lunch boxes. 5. Do not accept any parcel from strangers.
4. Sensitize your all family members, especially children.
5. Ensure that you roll up all windows and quarter glasses of the vehicle and lock up the vehicle every time you park it. Bonnet and dickey should also be properly secured
6. Before opening a car door, driver make sure that its dickey, bonnet, doors have not tempered with. If there is any suspicion, help of local police should be taken.
7. Pass on information about the abandoned vehicles, articles etc. promptly to the police at the nearest police station or on phone number 100, 1091 & 252400
||Safety tips to avoid Debit or ATM Card fraud
|| ? When you type your PIN number at an ATM, make sure that you sufficiently obscure the keypad from being viewed by an onlooker.
? NEVER let the shopkeeper take your debit card out of your sight. There is no need for him/her to do so, unless he/she intends to do something unlawful.
? Secure your debit card physically by storing it at a safe place.
? NEVER write your PIN number at a place where it can be seen by someone who you do not intend to show it to.
? ALWAYS destroy the receipts from merchants that you no longer require, especially when you have paid for using your debit card.
? If you do not receive your debit card or PIN number from the bank within a reasonable amount of time after requesting one, check with the bank when it was sent and when you should expect to receive it. It may have been picked up by someone else in transit.
? When at an ATM, make sure that no external devices are attached to the ATM machine and no wires are hanging around.
? Check your account statements carefully for transactions that you may not have made.
||Using ATM machine
|| ? Safeguard your credit cards and ATM cards at all times.
? If you notice something suspicious about the card slot on an ATM (like an attached device), do not use it and report it to the responsible authorities.
? Never disclose your ATM card and credit card PIN numbers to strangers.
? Beware of your surroundings while withdrawing money at ATM centers. Do not crumple and throw away the transaction slips or debt card memos: read them, make a mental note of the details and then, either tear them or shred them to trash.
? Periodically check your account balances on Internet or by requesting your bank or credit card company to send you statements to ensure that no transactions are happening behind your back.
? While entering any personal identification numbers, use your discretion to shield the keypad so that your hand movements are not very visible and you enter your passwords secretly.
? Be careful while withdrawing money from ATM Machine the attacker can shoulder surf to see your PIN.
? Incase any one behind you while withdrawing money just tell the ATM Security guard to ask him to wait out.
? Draw the cash only in well lit areas and secured ATMs.